Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dog Jumping Over a Wall

This dog is jumping over a wall in an indoor riding arena. This was taken the evening before I photographed a horse show and volunteers had just finished setting a course for the next day. The wooden wall is painted to look like bricks and is one of the fences that horses will jump during the show. Kids started playing with the beagle after their work was finished and I set up in front of the fence to capture the fun.
I had been shooting candids of the kids at a rapid pace and was using a simple on-camera flash for speed and mobility. I had another light and stand in the vehicle, along with radio triggers, and would have preferred to use that. It would have prevented the reflections in the dog's eyes. But this action was spur-of-the-moment and didn't last long so I was happy to get a couple of quick shots.
Camera exposure set manually to underexpose the background.

No comments: