Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Barefoot Water Skier-2

This is the photograph taken shortly after the one in the last posting of the barefoot waterskier. The previous image included the boat with the horizontal format and I quickly switched to vertical for this shot. I was standing in the water as the boat approached but was slightly wider than needed. I had wanted the skier to be approaching directly at me but I also wanted to be outside the spray of the boat as it passed. Sharp viewers will notice that the skier is edging with his feet in an attempt to get as wide as possible. We have practiced some more since this photo was taken and have succeeded in getting in closer to the boat's path.
This was shot at 1/1600 second at f/5.6, ISO 250, manual, 400mm lens. I use a fairly fast shutter speed because I stand in chest-deep water. It is surprisingly difficult to stand steady in the water even though it is calm. The fast shutter speed is needed because my body is not steady.

No comments: