Friday, May 27, 2011

Beagle Dog in the Sun

A beagle dog laying in the morning sunshine. I was sitting on bleachers while waiting to photograph a horse show. The action was slow getting started and not many people were around yet, giving me lots of room to maneuver in front of the dog. Plus, the bleachers were unusually wide, allowing me to lie down on my stomach to get as low as possible. The intent was to separate the dog's head as much as possible from the clutter in the background as well as get close to his eye level. The sun was bright but not yet high enough to cause harsh shadows. This image benefits from the alert expression because his ears are up and his mouth is closed. This is what drew me to attempt this photo and I was fortunate that he stayed alert while I shot a few frames.
100-400 lens at 400mm, 1/1000 at f/5.6, ISO 160.

2 comments:

Nancy and my Beagles said...

I bet he's not happy anymore to be under the sun. But the shots are still great!

Daniel Teetor said...

The morning was quite cool so this beagle was very much enjoying the warmth of the sun. I'm glad you like the photograph!