Monday, August 31, 2009

Lighthouse and breakwater at Marquette, Michigan-3

Another photograph of the lighthouse and breakwater at the Marquette, Michigan harbor. This was taken at the point on the breakwater where the concrete ends and the boulders begin. The lens was set at 24mm to show the detail in the rocks at my feet and to portray the lighthouse in the far distance. I placed the lighthouse slightly left of the vertical center line.
I like the composition but am not happy with the angle of the sunlight because the lighthouse is not defined well against the light sky. Either the sun needs to be more behind me, so that the sky might be darker, or I need to get there earlier so the sun isn't so bright. I can't change the position of the sun or the breakwater, so I'll have to try getting the shot closer to sunrise.

No comments: